I’m fairly new to the blogging world and still don’t know exactly how it all works but to my surprise I have gotten so much support from complete strangers. Having IBD is a lifelong journey and whether you have Crohn’s or UC we all sort of get each other. I thought I was alone a lot of my life but for once, I know I’m not. I was completely, pleasantly surprised and so thankful for being nominated for a Liebster Award! This award is for bloggers with less than 500 followers. I was nominated by a fellow IBD blogger and Crohnie, gutwrenchingtruthaboutcrohns!
When I read her posts they remind me of myself so much. She shares her stories along with giving a little bit of Crohnie advice, I’d like to call it. I love relating to her posts and she is ALWAYS a support on here which is the thing I am most thankful for. I just want to thank you so much!! I never would have thought this is how my blogging experience would be. I couldn’t be happier! 🙂
According to the Liebster award rules I have to answer the questions she gives me, so here it goes!
1. Who is the most influential person in your life and why?
The most influential person in my life is hands down my mom. She is an amazing person. Having been through a lot growing up and not having an easy run she has a good head on her shoulders. She appreciates life and never fails to see the positive in everything. Even if she doesn’t agree with something I do, she will yes make that known, but I can always count for her support no matter what. She raised me to be confident and secure with who I am no matter what others tell me. My mom is probably the nicest person you’d ever meet. She is selfless and takes in anyone. Also, if you ever need relationship advice, I hate to admit it… but she’s the one to go to!
2. If you are on a deserted island and you can only take 3 things what would they be?
I would take my dog (does that defy the rules? can you bring another living thing? lol), a boat, and a tent!
3. What do you like to do when you are not blogging?
When not blogging you can usually find me working out at the gym, having girls days with my mom, or playing with my dogs! In the summertime I live in my bathing suit and outside! I love to camp and go hiking. I couldn’t be luckier to have the same 7 best friends from high school and when I’m not doing any of the above I’m just your typical 21 year old girl hanging out and going out with her friends.
4. Where is your favorite place you have traveled too?
I haven’t traveled much other than around New England and a few other places. So I’m going to change this question (if that’s allowed!) to the place I know would be my favorite place if I had the opportunity to go. That would be Australia. I’d love love love to go there and I know hands down it’d be my favorite place to travel to!
5. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
“if it’s meant to be, it will find its way”. I actually have this tattooed on my body and I live by it everyday. My mom has always told me this and I truly believe if something is meant to be it will be. Everything happens for a reason.
6. Name one thing on your bucket list?
To swim with dolphins!!
7. What is your favorite thing to cook or bake?
I love to cook! I’m not much of a baker but cooking is definitely a hobby of mine. My favorite thing to cook would probably be my own recipe of lazy chicken parm!
Another rule of this award nomination is nominating other bloggers for it as well! I’m not sure how to tell how many followers people have if they don’t have it listed but here are my nominations, who I thinks deserves it! I really have only followed IBD blogs so there is sort of a pattern, this is kind of like the Liebster award for IBD bloggers! haha
1. Fierced and Flared; I’ve been following her blog since day one on here. She is actually one of the reasons why I made one. Her story is inspirational and I look forward to reading every post she puts up. She not only blogs but she is an advocate for Crohn’s awareness and a great writer as well!
2. A Real Pain in the Ass; She isn’t from the U.S. but being a sort of newly diagnosed Crohnie, I find her blog really interesting to read. I can relate a lot to her experiences and beginning her journey with Crohn’s Disease.
3. Emma; Her blog My Beautiful Messy Life, sicker than the average girl is such a good read! I love reading her girly posts along with being a Crohnie. Her knack for fashion, makeup, etc. makes it the perfect blog for young women like me to read! Not only being an awesome writer she captures all the positive that can come from being sick. (And her most recent blog with smoothies.. they are to die for! Already made the Peanut butter power, YUM!)
4. Crohnie Man; His blog isn’t just about his journey and struggles but it is one of the most informational ones I’ve read yet. I look forward to him posting on his blog and the knowledge he has. It’s definitely one of my favorite blogs to read!
5. Stacey Dearest; I nominate her because I read her blog and she always has a positive outlook on her life with UC. She is the same age as me and to read and see another person staying so positive can is awesome. It’s hard this age trying to find yourself along with fighting IBD. I love that she shares some of her diet too because I am always looking for ways to watch mine! But, one of the biggest reasons I have nominated her is her blatant honesty sharing her worst times, and like I try to do, putting a comical twist on it haha. If you haven’t checked out her blog you definitely should, it’s an awesome read!
Here are your questions!
1. Since you’re all IBD patients, what has been your most affected aspect of life living with IBD and why?
2. If you could change one physical attribute of our world today what would it be?
3. What is your absolute favorite thing to eat?
4. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
5. Who is you’re favorite actor/actress and why?
6. Who is the person you most look up to in life?
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions you were given.
3. Nominate other blogs with less than 500 followers.
4. Post questions for your selected nominees to answer.
5. Tag and link the nominees and post a comment to let them know you have nominated them and appreciate their hard work.